Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Cafe con Libros Reaction


Approximately 150 people showed up for the presentation, many more people than I anticipated. I was a little nervous at first but once I had done the first reading, I was in control. Edgardo asked questions after the reading and I was prepared to answer because I've repeated the process a couple of times. The question was: "What is your process for writing your books?" It also helped to know that that might be one of the questions.

I became more and more comfortable as the interview went on and was able to kid around with Edgardo and the audience. I haven't felt that confident in a long time and it felt great.

I lost my place in the book for the second reading and told Edgardo to use that time to give his book a plug. He did and when he was finished he looked over at me. I still couldn't find the place and said,
"I'm sure the audience would like to know more."  Now the audience was in on the joke and they all laughed. Finally I found it and I read the second passage. Edgardo asked a few more questions and then we opened it to the audience. There were quite a few questions and I was able to respond with the knowledge I had gained from research and experience.

When it was over, many of the audience members came up and told me how much they enjoyed the talk. The best part was I enjoyed it. I felt my experience at Toastmasters has helped me immensely. All in all it was a great win. Thank you to all who came and I look forward to being a part of the series next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment